SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson, & Dickson Counties 24-Hour Emergency Storm
SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson, & Dickson Counties: Tornadoes
Tornadoes are a major cause of storm damage in Cheatham, Robertson, & Dickson Counties.
- Look like funnels
- Are air columns that rotate from thunderstorms down to the ground
- Bring winds that may move over 200 mph
- Bring heavy rain
- Can create missiles out of objects
- Can destroy buildings and flip cars
- Can lead to flooding
- Are not always predictable
- Move quickly
A tornado watch usually lasts about (6) six hours. It means that conditions are right for tornadoes to develop. Listen for updates from the weather service and plan where you will go if the weather service does spot a tornado.
A tornado warning means that the weather service has spotted a tornado. SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson, & Dickson Counties has these suggestions:
- Find shelter immediately.
- You should know where to take shelter if you are at home or work
- Shelter areas are away from windows.
- Shelter areas are away from outdoor walls.
- Follow signs or guides to shelter
- Stay in the shelter until the tornado warning is over.
SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson, & Dickson Counties urges you to be safe.