Understanding Water Types-Damage From Contaminated Water
When you home or business suffers a water damage, understanding what type of water you are dealing with is critical to ensuring proper clean up.
Consider taking the following precautions to help minimize damage or prevent further damage while waiting for SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson and Dickson Counties to arrive.
Damage from Contaminated Water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. Wash your hands thoroughly if you come in contact with contaminated items.
- Do not walk through contaminated areas, as you could spread damage to unaffected areas.
- Do not turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure; air flow could spread contaminates.
- Discard any food and/or products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
When you have a water damage, don’t leave your property to chance. Call SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson and Dickson Counties at 615-672-1905.