Family Fire Escape Plans
SERVPRO® Cheatham, Robertson and Dickson Counties hopes you will never need your home or business to recover from fire or smoke damage.
Portable fire extinguishers may not be enough to save your home. Sometimes, the only option you have to keep yourself and loved ones safe is to escape. A small flame can turn into a large fire in a matter of minutes. Lives are more important than objects, so get yourselves and others out of danger.
SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson and Dickson Counties - Tips for Escape:
- Make an escape plan ahead of time and make sure everyone knows the plan.
- Make sure that all doors and windows open easily.
- Plan at least two different ways of escaping every room.
- When you leave, close the doors and windows to shut in the flames.
- Do not stop to pick up valuables, objects can be replaced you can not.
- Make sure your plan includes a place to meet that is a safe distance from the home.
- Do not turn off smoke alarms when you cook, you may need the warning.
- If you have to go through a smoke filled area to escape, cover your nose and mouth with something and crawl on the floor.
- Practice the plan until your entire family or business feels comfortable.
- Periodically go over the plan that is put in place to refresh everyones memory or make changes.